The Iacon Relics Dec 13, 2017 23:08:27 GMT
Post by Shotimus on Dec 13, 2017 23:08:27 GMT
The Iacon Relics, ancient devices and weapons created by the Primes themselves. While they were sent to Earth long ago by Alpha Trion, many new and unknown artifacts have made their presence known. The battle for these Relics continues to this day, still seeking to unlock the mysteries of what they are truly capable of.
1. The Star Saber - Current Owner: Optimus Prime
- One of the greatest weapons forged by Solus Prime, it has spent much of its time lost to the annals of history but has been recently and inexplicably put into the hands of Optimus Prime. The Star Saber is a powerful sword with the power to ‘snuff out stars’ and ‘crumble planets to dust’, and is a blade that is thus far unmatched...
2. The Phase-Shifter - Current Owner: The Decepticons
- A clever little device, the Phase Shifter grants the ability to pass through solid objects to the bearer, allowing them to phase through objects to varying degrees depending on the needs of the situation at hand. It has fallen into the hands (or, onto the wrist) of the Autobot Smokescreen, though when or how is a complete mystery to everyone.
3. The Forge of Solus Prime - Current Owner: Ultra Magnus
- The Forge of Solus Prime is a hammer of incredible size, with powers unimaginable, and was one of Solus Prime’s most prized artifacts. It utilizes the power of a neutron star at its very heart, and can only be wielded by a Prime, rendering its near-mystical powers all but useless to anyone who does not bear the Matrix of Leadership. It now lays within the vaults of The Nemesis, though when or how it got there is beyond anyone’s memory.
4. The Forcefield Generator - Current Owner: The Decepticons
- A lesser-known relic but by no means less powerful, the Forcefield Generator is a portable device used to create a forcefield that is impervious to all weapons and protects the wearer from all harm. The device itself, however, is incredibly delicate and can be broken easily. It now resides within the vaults of The Nemesis, though when it was put there is a mystery.
5. The Spark Extractor ⊗ - Current Owner: The Decepticons
- One of the worst and most horrific devices created by Decepticon scientists during the War, The Spark Extractor is fairly self-explanatory: it can be used to forcibly remove the spark of a Cybertronian from its casing. Once the process has begun, the victim tends to be stunned enough that they cannot fight back. Extracted sparks can be stored, though most often the trauma is so great that they disperse, leaving behind a lifeless shell.
6. The Apex Armour - Current Owner: The Decepticons
- While its origins are debated (for some argue it is a relic of the Thirteen Primes, while others state it is a tool of Decepticon design) on thing is clear: The Apex Armour grants the wearer the power of invincibility. It expands from a relatively small disk to a full suit of armour that adjusts to fit the wearer and is impervious to any attack, in addition to giving the wearer enhanced strength.
7. The Resonance Blaster - Current Owner: The Decepticons
- A sonic weapon of Decepticon Design, the Resonance Blaster is a gun that fires sonic bursts that deeply scramble the auditory circuitry of Cybertronians. Victims are usually stunned upon being hit, though prolonged exposure can do serious damage and render a bot completely unconscious or worse.
8. The Tox-En ⊗ - Current Owner: None; Destroyed
- Tox-En is a toxic and incredibly dangerous variant of energon that was used by the Decepticons as a bioweapon during the War. At the slightest physical contact and close proximity, Cybertronians begin to feel weakened and nauseous. Prolonged exposure severely damages internal systems, with outright spark failure being an incredible risk. Understandably, wise individuals think of disposing of it rather than wielding it as a weapon.
9. The Polarity Gauntlets - Current Owner: @knockout
- The Polarity Gauntlets were created by Decepticon scientists during the War and grants the wielder control over the forces of magnetism. The gauntlets can be used to push metal objects away or pull them closer, as well as magnetizing them to varying degrees. Cybertronians, being made of metal, are particularly susceptible to this weapon.
10. The Terminus Blade ⊗ - Current Owner: Starscream
- Yet another blade forged by Solus Prime, this sword was originally meant to be used to cut through the very fabric of space and time in order to cross dimensions themselves. Now that time itself is falling apart, however, using this device would only do more damage. Indeed, anyone who tries to use it to cut through to another universe will find their path barred. A clever bot might begin to wonder if cuts can be made, would it not be logical that they can also be repaired?
11. The Triptych Mask - Current Owner: The Autobots
- A mask with three faces, this relic of Onyx Prime allows the wearer to ‘look into other times, places, souls, and even the afterlife’. The mask tends to show those of this damaged universe what should have been had time not been splintered, though for many, the things they see are not always pleasant.
12. The Quill ⊗ - Current Owner: The Autobots
- Deceptively simple, The Quill appears as no more than a simple writing stylus but bestows upon the wielder the limited ability to rewrite time itself. Due to the broken nature of this universe, the Covenant of Primus is not needed for its powers to be utilized - one need only write with it to use it. Rewriting time when time has been shattered almost beyond repair, however, is a tricky thing, and the Quill is liable to not work at all in some cases.
13. The Omni Saber - This Relic will be discovered in a later story arc. Stay tuned!
- A lesser sword once wielded by Nexus Prime, it is described as being ‘black as space’ and reflects no light. The blade is simply dark, an absence of light, and is incredibly unsettling to set eyes upon. While it can cut through any matter with ease, it is unlikely it has any further powers. It is most certainly less powerful than the Star Saber and the Terminus Blade,