How to Get Started May 14, 2016 18:59:57 GMT
Post by Counterklock on May 14, 2016 18:59:57 GMT
How to Get Started
A Guide to Transformers Prime: Convergence
- Welcome to Transformers Prime: Convergence! Whether you are just visiting or are interested in making an account and joining in the fun, we welcome you to our humble forum and hope your time here is pleasant. We highly encourage prospective members to take a look at current threads to see an approximation of what we expect in roleplay. Feel free to take a look around the forum and see if it is to your liking.
- If you have any questions, at any time, whether you are a guest or a member, do not hesitate to ask questions. Our Questions and Suggestions board is open to guest posts, and we also welcome questions being asked in the chatbox at the bottom of the page. Don't be shy! We're glad to answer questions and clarify things.
- The first thing you should do is take a look at The Rules. Don't be intimidated by them! It may seem like a rather large list, but much of it is common sense and common courtesy. Make sure you read them over and get to know them before you join us, because we expect all members to abide by them in order to keep everything peaceful and orderly. You should also take a look at The Plot to get an idea of our main forum-wide story as well as the corresponding Continuity Error Forecast FAQ. While participation in the main plot is not compulsory per se, we highly recommend that everyone join in.
- You should take a look at our Open Canon List to see which canon characters have been taken and which are open to be played. While we are OC friendly and welcome all original characters, we do highly suggest that you take on a canon character as well. We cannot advance our main plot without canon characters. Note that we accept canon characters from the whole of the Transformers: Aligned universe as well as a variety of other continuities; don't be afraid to ask if you don't see your favorite character's name on the list, as there is a great deal of flexibility regarding characters on this forum!
- We also have a Characters Wanted list that may include both canon and original characters. This is a great place to look if you aren't sure who you'd like to play, as it's almost guaranteed that if a character has been requested, someone is looking to roleplay against them.
- Decided that you'd like to stay? Lovely! The very first thing you must do is create an OOC Alias Account. This account is your main account, and will be used to identify you as well as all of your future characters under a common name. Do not use a character name for this account. Before making a character sub-account, please post in the OOC Alias Introductions board and introduce yourself. Feel free to share as much or as little as you'd like. Please read more about OOC Alias Accounts in The Rules.
- Once you've posted an introduction, it's time to make a character subaccount. Go to the bottom right of the screen and select the icon furthest to the left. This will take you to a login screen. Click on 'Create A New Account On This Forum' and give it a name which corresponds to the character you will play. Each subsequent character you make must have a separate account.
- Read over the Application Template and follow the guidelines when filling out your character's application. If your character is an OC, make sure you say so in the subject title. We have a character limit of ten, meaning you can only have ten characters. Please see The Rules for more details. Submit either a completed application or a WIP in the Pending Applications Board. Note that WIPs will be deleted after two weeks.
- Approved? Hooray! You can now start roleplaying. When making an in-character thread in the designated boards, please note that the forum follows a specific system when it comes to creating new threads for roleplay. The first post of a thread will bring up a form to fill in, which includes ‘Subject’, ‘Location’, ‘Characters Involved’, ‘Content Warnings’, and ‘Plot Summary’. This first post is intended to provide a contextual background for the thread, detailing the characters participating (preferably tagged with the @[username] system to notify those users), where the thread mainly takes place, any content warnings involved, and a brief plot summary, which can be as specific or as vague as you please. See here for more details.
- Remember that your OOC Alias account is used for OOC things (though character accounts can certainly post in forum games) while your character accounts are used for roleplaying in-character. Feel free to plot in the chatbox or post a Plotter Thread for your character. Don't be shy about asking if others want to roleplay with you!
- Completed (or abandoned) a thread and want to have it archived? Post here with the link to said thread so that a staff member can archive it. This helps us keep our forum neat and tidy, and reduces the risk of a staff member accidentally archiving a thread that was still in use.
- Welcome to Transformers Prime: Convergence. We hope you have fun!